Thank you for choosing summer camp at Conundrum Escapes! We are excited to spend time with your extraordinary child and help them to develop their interests and skills. This guide provides information to help you and your child have a successful camp experience. Please read everything carefully, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Director: Dr. Christy Byrd
Location: Conundrum Escapes, LLC
41 Technology Dr., Suite A, Garner, NC 27529
Phone: (919) 341-9352
Expectations for Behavior
- In general, all campers, staff, and parents/guardians are expected to show respect to each other. Our philosophy is that children deserve positive environments that support emotional well-being and healthy development. Furthermore, we believe that young people should be involved in the decisions that affect them.
- At the beginning of each week, the campers and staff will jointly develop guidelines for behavior and consequences for violating the guidelines. These guidelines will be shared with parents/guardians at the end of the first day.
Arrival and Departure
- Parents, guardians, or authorized adults should drop off campers between 8:45am and 9am each day. There is convenient parking in front of our building. You should park and walk your child in.
- Pick up should be between 1pm and 1:15pm for half-day campers and 4pm and 4:15pm for full-day campers.
- A late fee of $5 per 5 minutes will be charged for children picked up late.
- Parents/guardians should notify staff if the camper will be driving themselves or will be dropped off/picked up by someone under the age of 18.
- Campers need to be signed in and out with a designated staff member.
- Please have an adult notify staff if the camper will be absent, arrive late, or leave early. Staff will not release campers without parent/guardian permission.
- Parents/guardians should provide campers with a healthy snack and lunch.
- Parents/guardians should inform staff of any allergies or food restrictions so that we can make appropriate plans.
Health and Special Needs
- Our staff is committed to providing for the well-being and development of every camper. We maintain a small camp so that staff have the opportunity to get to know each camper well and adapt the camp experience to maximize their experience.
- Parents/Guardians can assist staff in this goal by informing camp staff of any special health, behavioral, or other needs. We will work with families to develop appropriate plans for each camper, including plans for administering medication.
- Please do not send your child to camp if they have any signs of illness, including fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, diarrhea, or vomiting. A child must be free of diarrhea, vomiting, and fever for a full 24 hours before returning to the program.
- COVID-19: Conundrum Escapes is following recommended guidelines from the CDC, including frequently cleaning surfaces, encouraging hand-washing and other healthy hygiene practices throughout the day, and screening for symptoms.
- Campers must follow local requirements on mask wearing.
- Building: Only campers and staff are allowed in the building during camp hours. Guests and customers must receive permission to enter and must sign in and out.
- Personal property: Campers should limit the personal items they bring with them and all items should be labeled. Conundrum Escapes does not have a secure place to store items and is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Campers should not leave the building without a staff member or their authorized pick up person. If a camper is missing, at least one staff member will remain with the other campers while a second staff member attempts to locate the camper or contact the camper by cell phone. If necessary, staff will contact the camper’s parent/guardian or emergency contact and call 911.
- If there is a minor accident during camp, the staff will administer appropriate first aid and will inform the adult picking up the camper at the end of the day.
- For emergencies requiring medical treatment, the staff will call 911 and the parent/guardian immediately. If unable to reach the parent/guardian, we will contact your emergency contact.
Questions and Concerns
Please contact Dr. Christy Byrd with any questions at [email protected].